Let’s look at ways in which we save money.
The kitchen and bathroom are the best places to start saving water:
- Purchase water-efficient appliances when looking to replace existing ones.
- Don’t be tempted to use dishwashers and washing machines before a full load is created.
- Plug the sink when washing dishes or vegetables and reuse this water.
- When waiting for hot water to come out of the tap, collect the cold water that comes out at first, for use in other areas.
- Install an aerator – when attached to end of the tap, less water will be used, with the same effect.
- Avoid using central heating and under-floor heating. Consider putting in carpets or wooden flooring instead of tiles.
- Use more blankets and layers of clothing in winter. In summer, open windows and create more shaded areas.
- Use the sun to power our home – this is a free source of energy.